The role of Installations Engineer reports to the Installations Manager and is key to MVS in delivering first and second fix installations of Audio Visual Equipment for our customers across the UK and Europe. This role works under instruction from the Lead Engineer and assigned Project Manager to deliver installations to the highest specification and by the agreed deadlines. The role will be mainly London based with occasional works nationally and in Europe.
- Carrying out first and second fix installation activities of control systems, Video Conferencing systems and Audio-Visual systems to the highest standard and by the project deadlines set.
- Rack build and testing of systems internally.
- Ensuring projects are tested thoroughly prior to any sub contract programmers arriving on site.
- Commissioning and handover to the end user of all forms of Audio Visual installations
- Works with Crestron control systems including the upload of files to processors, touch panels and applications along with minor programming changes.
- Works with audio DSPs including signal routing, processing blocks and AEC configuration, together with uploading, testing and making changes to program files
- Creates and tests RS232 command strings using manufacturer documentation and driver libraries.
- Setup and configuration of networked devices and peripherals, including the communication of these devices via networks from a PC or console.
- Installation and integration of VOIP/SIP systems.
- Sets up and configures managed network switches.
- Possesses a solid understanding of first and second fix AV installations, to include an excellent working knowledge of the wiring, installation and configuration of Audio-Visual systems.
- Strong ability to successfully fault find, suggest engineering solutions and rectify issues with Audio-Visual systems, to include preventative and reactive maintenance and firmware upgrades.
- Have excellent soldering, crimp and terminating skills.
- Previous experience working from schematics, site plans and drawings.
- A good working knowledge of Crestron control systems including the ability to upload files to processors, touch panels and applications.
- Understands audio DSPs including signal routing, processing blocks and AEC configuration, with the ability to upload, test and make changes to program files
- Sound knowledge of VOIP/SIP systems, the key principles behind VOIP/SIP integration and the network requirements for installing these systems.
- Confident with the setup and configuration or networked devices and peripherals, including the ability to communicate with these devices via the network from a PC or console.
- Ability to create and test RS232 command strings using manufacturer documentation and driver libraries.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build rapport with colleagues.
- Strong ability to work alone and on own initiative.
- The role is field based and requires travel/occasional overnight stays primarily across the UK and also Europe.
- Competent in the programming and configuration of SY Electronics control platforms
- Ability to make minor programming changes to Crestron Control systems
- Ability to setup and configure managed network switches
- CSCS/ECS (or equivalent) card holder
- Valid UK driving license.
- Valid Passport
- Crestron CTI-P101
- Relevant manufacturer training
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
- Installation: 2 years (Preferred)
- London, Greater London (Preferred)
- Driving (Preferred)
- CSCS/ECS (or equivalent) card holder (Required)