WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Working on our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases.
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interests in games into practice.
- Joining a development team with over 10 years of average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 4 years.
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Lead Programmer at this studio!
- Take control of a project and work with an established team to tackle a wide variety of coding tasks, including graphics rendering pipelines, physics, networking, gameplay, UI, AI and optimisation.
- Manage the project code team, assign out tasks and track their progress.
- Assist and mentor junior programmers, oversee the quality of their work.
- Work closely with other departments to create or improve art asset creation and workflow.
- Share knowledge with other members of the programming team.
- The ability to work with more established graphics engines and update them regarding the use of modern rendering techniques.
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts really count.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to manage a small team of programmers.
- Enthusiasm for programming, technologies and methods and a desire to keep up to date.
- Expert knowledge of the development process and the tools used.
- Excellent C/C++ programming knowledge.
- Excellent math skills.
- An interest in games.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Two or more years of industry experience in a lead or senior programmer role.
- At least two shipped console or PC titles.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of at least one core discipline (Graphics, Physics, Networking, gameplay/AI).
- Experience in profiling and optimization techniques.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as Unity, UE4.
- Knowledge and experience of the Universal Windows Platform.
- Knowledge in a variety of special FX techniques.
- Knowledge of graphics pipelines and hardware.
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as C#, LUA, Python etc.
- Knowledge of project management software (such as Hansoft or Jira).
- All relevant qualifications considered
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and annual potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio)
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- Relocation package