Role Overview – Senior Engineer
As a Senior Engineer you will be instrumental in taking game titles through development, to release and live operation.
“We make premium-quality games that millions of people across the world love to play and keep playing”.
“We are a free-range games developer owned by SEGA, and are well known for bringing their much-loved blue mascot to the small screen. Our relationship with SEGA provides the perfect foundation for us to realise our global potential without losing our unique creative identity. Not only do we develop fun, but we have fun doing it”.
- Work as a key member of the Engineering Team to design and implement game systems and project features
- Collaborate with the Engineering Lead to conceive and maintain a high standard of technical architecture
- Assist with planning, work estimation and task scheduling
- Work with the other departments to complete work on time to a high standard
- Mentor Engineering Team members
- Adhere to and enforce good engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong engineering skills are essential. You have a high level of C++ or C# experience, and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology
- You have shipped multiple game titles preferably in a Senior Engineer role
- You have great communication skills
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity
- Experience developing and shipping titles using a game engine. Unity experience is a bonus.
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial, as well as experience with networking, database engines and server infrastructure
- Experience with running a live product, regular update releases and LiveOps is beneficial.