We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer who has a proven track record of producing awesome sounds for games and other media!
- Record, edit and mix sounds, instruments and voices using a variety of mics, gear and other techniques.
- Create sound effects, music, virtual instruments and other hybrid mixtures of sonic goodness.
- Contribute to the creative conversation – is a studio that encourages you to create, innovate and improvise. Your ideas really count, and you will be expected to contribute to the melting pot various projects.
- Games industry experience – You should have five years industry experience and have shipped at least three high quality titles.
- Game Sound design skills – You should have a proven track record of producing awesome sounds! You should also have a nuanced and detailed understanding of what is required to make a game sound good, and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- Sound recording – You should have plenty of knowledge about sound recording, experience recording all sorts of different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved. This should also be demonstrable in examples of work.
- Game implementation – You should have experience and knowledge of using various different sound implementation systems. Wwise, FMOD, unity, Unreal etc. Specific knowledge of these is not a requirement, but we are looking for high level of competence and expertise in making sounds work in a game.
- Scripting – You should also demonstrate a working knowledge of an in-game scripting system. Experience with game logic is an important part of this role. Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
- Musical skills – The candidate should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. This is not a composition job, but the ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
This is a permanent position.