WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Helping to create beautiful games.
- Working on our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases.
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interest in games into practice.
- Joining a development team with over 10 years of average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 4 years in our Middlesbrough studio.
We are looking for experienced and/or highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
This studio are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Technology Programmer to join our new studio in central Birmingham, or possibly our HQ in Middlesbrough. You’ll be fluent in C++, have exceptional maths skills and be well versed in low level libraries on PlayStation and/or Xbox platforms. You’ll be working in a wide variety of engine related areas, including abstracting low level APIs, improving and refining all areas of core tech, and developing completely new state of the art systems from scratch. You’ll also be developing tools and working with other members of the team, and you will possess a natural desire to ensure we remain at the cutting edge with regards to our engine technology. You’ll possess excellent communication skills and ideally be open to mentoring other members of the team.
- Designing, developing and enhancing various components of our proprietary engine and associated tools.
- Writing and optimising low level engine code on multiple platforms.
- Assisting with performance tuning and ensuring we remain within target frame time and memory budgets on all platforms.
- Helping to maintain a robust and cohesive engine API and tool chain, ensuring the game programmers, designers and artists have the tools they need to continue to make amazing games.
- Working with, supporting and mentoring a small team of programmers.
- Collaborating effectively with all areas of the business.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- You should be fluent in C++, be familiar with the C++17 standard, and possess a solid grasp of advanced principles such as template meta-programming.
- You should have a solid grasp of at least one low level graphics API.
- You should possess expert knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Networking & Server Infrastructure, Audio, Graphics, Console System APIs.
- Exceptional maths skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work within a team.
- Must have experience writing low level engine code on at least one current/next gen console.
- Very logical thinker.
- You’ll have at least two published console titles, and will have taken a senior role in the development of proprietary engine code.