WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Helping create beautiful games
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases
- Having the creative freedom to put your keen interest in graphics technology into practice
- Becoming a champion for graphics and visual effects within the company
- Joining a development team with over 10 years average experience that has remained unchanged for the past 2.5 years
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Senior Unity Programmer at This Studio!
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code.
- Test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development.
- Estimate tasks and deliver high-quality code to that schedule.
- Perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality.
- Help develop technical design specifications.
- Work with designers, artists and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 4-5 years of Unity experience on a large code basis, ideally including at engine level (working within the Unity source code).
- Proficient in C# and C++.
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with low level optimisation and memory saving techniques.
- Experience of shader programming.
- Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code.
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Strong maths and/or physics skills.
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as UE4.
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- A love of games.
- A portfolio of extra-curricular or hobbyist projects.