PROGRAMMER – CONSOLE UNREAL C++
We are looking for a Generalist Programmer to work across a wide range of systems, including gameplay, graphics and UI. If you love working in the Unreal engine and have a passion for multiplayer games, this will be a fantastic fit. You will already know the intricacies inherent in large FPS titles, and you will be eager to jump aboard and immediately start contributing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive development in a variety of systems such as procedural mission elements, UI implementation, content creation tools, and character controllers.
- Work closely with designers and other content creators to create/improve gameplay systems.
- Implementation of software in C++ and other languages.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Continually expand knowledge of new game technologies and systems.
- Creating systems that support art-swap efforts later in the dev cycle.
- Work on a cross-platform codebase that includes the major consoles.
Essential experience to be considered for this role:
- Shipped at least one UE4 based game.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with Unreal Engine.
- A passion for making and playing games with an eye for detail and feel for good gameplay.
Additional skills & experience we’re looking for:
- Experience with implementing UI behaviors.
- Experience implementing a wide range of UE4 systems.
- Experience developing for PS4 & Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5 years software engineering experience.
- You have enjoyed working with remote partners.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Know where Blueprints are great, and where is needs to be in C++.
- Relentlessly optimistic attitude.
- Constructively voices ideas and opinions to the team.
- Really understands how communication is most valuable.
- Finds cross-discipline collaboration to be energizing and stimulating.
- Coaches less-experienced engineers to assist them in skill development.