About the studio;
This studio are one of the world-leading virtual reality development studios.
Currently developing multiple IP for leading educational institutes on a wide range of platforms including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, GearVR, Google Daydream and PlayStation VR.
Has won multiple awards for their work on Apollo 11 VR, Titanic VR and their ENGAGE virtual reality education platform. If you are looking for a unique challenge and a career in
virtual & augmented reality working with bleeding edge technology, then this is your opportunity. We are seeking people with vision and drive who are not afraid to back big ideas and make them a reality. The digital world is changing let’s shape that world together.
We’re looking for talented Unity Game Developers to work with our team on a variety of cross-platform virtual reality / augmented reality projects and see them from concept to delivery and beyond.
You will be working closely with our art department to deliver both in house IP and client
requested VR learning experiences.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement features that focus on user interactions using Unity as a primary
- development tool.
- Develop scalable and robust modules to integrate into our existing applications.
- Participate and contribute in architecture discussions, design reviews, and code reviews.
- Translate concepts into wireframes that lead to intuitive user interfaces.
- Use research-related services, theories, and methods to support best-practice
- Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment where goals and
- requirements may constantly be changing.
- Committed to learning and sharing with the team to help achieve overall goals. Must work
- well in groups.
- Minimum 3 + years industry experience working with Unity and/or other game frameworks
- Working knowledge of high level programming and/or scripting languages (C#, Java,
- Objective C, etc.)
- Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Strong preference towards people who have shipped applications on an embedded product or have published applications on an app store.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code
- reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and
- Strong programming skills in at least one object-oriented language (e.g., Python, C/C++).
- Experience working on a physics-based game project is considered a strong asset.
Good to have
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Worked as a gameplay programmer on an established team
- Experience in any VR platform such as Google Daydream, Oculus Rift, Gear VR, HTC Vive,
- PlayStation VR, or HoloLens
- Machine learning or experience with algorithm development
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience with delivering code for multiplayer games, having shipped at least 1 complete
- multiplayer game